If you are looking for a flexible side-hustle, you may want to consider joining our catering team.
Throughout the year, and all over campus and San Francisco, AAU Dining Services hosts special events that require attentive, professional and personalize service. Joining our catering team is a great way to get specialized event service training and learn new skills while serving guests at a variety of events. From important breakfast meetings to VIP dinner receptions, YOU will bring the face of Sodexo to life for our guests.
Bring your can-do attitude and great personality if you want to join us - no experience necessary!
For more information or to apply please contact us
The purpose of the Student Supervisor is to develop qualified leaders from among our student employees. This position is designed to give students who are currently working with Sodexo a chance to move into supervisory roles and gain valuable experience that can help them throughout their careers, even possibly with Sodexo!
Some of the basic responsibilities of a Student Supervisor may include:
- Assisting the management team as directed and according to unit needs.
- Training, evaluating and supervision of student employees.
- Controlling student labor costs.
- Ensuring compliance with Sodexo and account operating standards and procedures.
Some of the duties for the Student Manager may include:
- Supervising part-time student employees, including but not limited to:
- Dress code
- Performance and public relations
- Student application procedures (safety and training forms, uniforms, etc.)
- Fill staffing tables and all open shifts.
- Maintain high standards in food presentation and presentation areas
- Being a liaison between customer and management. Relaying information of various natures to the appropriate management team.
- Managing and monitoring staffing and labor. Ensuring proper substitution procedures are in place and followed.
- Assisting in the management of all service items to assure adequate quantities are available to our customers throughout service.
- Maintaining Health and Safety procedures throughout the shift.
- Monitoring and maintaining sanitation and housekeeping procedures throughout the shift.
- Management of safety procedures, including documenting and reporting all incidents/accidents.
- Assisting management in all phases of operation including resident dining, retail, and catering as needed.
- Understanding the basic operation of equipment and training employees in its use.
- Understanding all cash handling procedures and training employees.
- Planning, organizing, and executing ongoing student employee training sessions.
- Assisting in-unit opening and close-down periods, including set-up and clean up.
Of course, this work also comes with some great perks including shift meals, preferred scheduling and could end up being the start of a great Sodexo career. Interested? Want to know more?
To apply, please contact our General Manager with a short letter explaining why you would like to be a Student Supervisor and a copy of your current resume.